Janet Jackson Clears Up Rumors About Her Health
After a scary couple of weeks, Janet Jackson promises that the show will go on. The pop icon confirms that she will resume touring following reports that she had to have emergency surgery and cancel her remaining Unbreakable tour dates to deal with a growth on her vocal cords. She also wants her fans to know that she does not have cancer, as rumors have suggested.
It all started last week, when the queen of pop posted a message to fans on Instagram, saying that she had to undergo an urgent medical procedure. Yahoo News later reported that the surgery might have had to do with a growth in her neck tested for cancer.
On Wednesday, Jackson tweeted a video with a personal message in which she addressed the speculation around her health. “The rumors are untrue. I do not have cancer. I’m recovering,” she said in the clip, adding that doctors have approved her forthcoming European tour dates and that the previously cancelled shows will be rescheduled.
This is great news for Janet’s fans, who have been worried that their coveted tickets would no longer be worth the paper they were printed on. Jackson’s tour was slated to begin January 9, but she posted a message last week explaining that there might be delays. “It breaks my heart to tell you that I am forced to postpone the Unbreakable Tour until the spring,” she said. “Please pray for me, my family and our entire company during this difficult time… There will be no further comment.”